Evelyn Hawthorne joined the firm in 2003. She has a Bachelors in Business Administration from the University of Hawaii and received her CPA Certificate in 1999. Evelyn has worked as a tax specialist for over eighteen years and has wide experience in the areas of tax advisory and compliance, payroll, pension and 1099 reporting, estates, trusts, business entities and individual tax returns.
Away from work, Evelyn has volunteered time with a number of non-profit and church-related organizations.
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting, University of Hawaii at Manoa
- Beta Gamma Sigma and Phi Kappa Phi
- Pacific Asian Management Institute
- CPA Certificate, May 1999
- Obara, Kidwell & Company
- 1989-1992 204 hours of CPE
- HSCPA, Hawaii Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Tax Training Institute, San Diego State University
- Arthur Anderson
- National Tax Training 80-100 hours/year
- Senter, Stephenson, Johnson P.A.
- Heckerling Institute
- North Carolina State Bar, Estate Planning
Affiliations (Past & Current)
- American Society of Women Accountants, Honolulu Chapter
- Hawaii Estate Planning Council
- Helping Hands Hawaii, Non-Profit Organization, Board Member
- First Presbyterian Church
- Laotian Refugee Concerns Committee
- United Presbyterian Women
- Wake Chapel Christian Church
- Seven years of experience providing tax preparation and outsourcing services to a large trust company and an investment company in the areas of trusts, estates, corporations, non-profit organizations, individuals and various other tax compliance areas and consulting projects; four years of this time as an Engagement Tax Manager for a large international CPA firm.
- Over 18 years of experience providing a wide range of tax advisory and compliance services to several types of clients including estates, trusts, real estate/business entrepreneurs involving their S-corporation, partnerships, estate, trust, and individual tax returns; six years of this time as a Tax Specialist with Senter, Stephenson, Johnson P.A.
- Eighteen years of experience providing experience in the tax compliance areas of general excise tax, federal and other states payroll/pension withholding and reporting, and various other information reporting areas, such as Form 1099 reporting